A downloadable game for Windows
Turbotron takes the frantic action of a twin-stick arcade shooter and reimagines it as a turn-based roguelike tactics game on hexes.
Made in 7 days for the 2017 7-day roguelike challenge (7DRL)
v1.1: Post-7DRL improvements based on player feedback. Includes Mouse support, Balance Changes, New Slugger Weapon
- Players can aim/shoot w mouse or keyboard now
- New Victory screen better celebrates a win!
- Better color scheme for pickups preserves blue for "shooting enemy"
- Enemies no longer spawn atop pickups, level easier to read at start
- Heart/Shield/Hit graphic effects for clearer learning of rules
- Balance changes to improve weakest weapons:
- Beam passes thru all enemies now
- Grenade explodes to more spots, but doesn't push
- New weapon, slugger:
- Kicks back w/ a 1-cell move
- Knocks back enemies that survive
- 2 damage
- Moved weapons into "treasure chest" because players were overlooking. Now gives 3 weapons instead of 2.
- Several small bugfixes
v1.01: Original 7DRL challenge entry, except fixed broken sound asset w/ grenade launcher. Gameplay identical.
Unzip and run turbotron.exe
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.